"The Right to Bear Explosives"

"The Right to Bear Explosives"

Can I go in "QuickyMart" and buy a stick of Acme TNT?
Er. NOPE.
Not usually!

1) If I can prove I work for a building firm doing demolitions.
Then - MAYBE!

2) If I can prove I believe the government is now a tyranny and therefore have a legitimate right under the constitution to oppose it.
Then in that case - NOPE!

Timothy McVeigh - for example - did not do what I have just described to perpetrate the terrible mass murder of 168 people with explosives - which he invoked the US Constitution to justify!
He decided that the A.T.F. was a "government tyranny". Or something along those lines.
There was no debate following this deed about "EXPLOSIVES CONTROL", was there?
On this point, Charlton and the moralist are perhaps vindicated slightly again.

But if explosives are controlled - why aren't guns?

"EXPLOSIVES CONTROL" was not and is not an issue. If someone really wants to do such a thing they will procure the means to do so. McVeigh obtained his explosives by criminal means. Maybe he even synthesized himself in a home lab!

But the point is, explosives are indeed controlled. Guns should be too.

Did Charlton Heston do a routine with him weilding a stick of TNT and saying -
"From my cold blown away charred white bones where my hand used to be!"